If you have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), you are likely experiencing poor impulse control, extreme shifts in mood, chaotic relationships, and even self-harm. It may feel like your symptoms will never disappear. However, with proper help, there is hope for recovery.
Clearview Women’s Center can provide treatment that will help you manage your BPD symptoms. Our women’s-only residential treatment center, day treatment center, and outpatient program are the premier programs on the West Coast for BPD treatment. Our intimate six-bed residential setting allows us to provide you one-on-one care that gives you the individualized treatment you need to overcome your BPD symptoms.
How We Treat Borderline Personality Disorder at Clearview
At Clearview Women’s Center, our expert team of Ph.D.s, licensed therapists, social workers, addiction counselors, life coaches, nutritionists, and psychiatrists will provide the support and tools you need for a long-lasting recovery.
Our team of DBT therapists has received intensive training from Behavioral Tech, Marsha Linehan’s official training institute and UCLA Harbor Hospital’s DBT training program. Various therapists are additionally trained in other evidence-based treatments, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
Clearview provides the most current evidence-based treatment that has been proven to effectively treat the symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder. BPD treatment at our center involves individual and group therapy, in treatment groups of up to nine people, and includes the following:
- Three or more individual therapy sessions per week with Ph.D. and master’s-level therapists trained in the treatment of BPD.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), which is the cornerstone of BPD treatment at our center. Through DBT, you can develop self-awareness of your emotions and regain control of them.
- DBT skills groups focused on mindfulness, emotion regulation, distress tolerance, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Individual DBT sessions.
- DBT phone coaching.
- Life coaching to help you develop a plan to take your skills into the community.
- Skills application groups to help you generalize your DBT skills to real-life situations and settings.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to help you examine your thinking patterns.
- Couples and family therapy to help rebuild family relationships and improve communication.
- Art therapy, which uses the creative process therapeutically and fosters safe emotional expression.
- Anger management to help you better manage the anger that is symptomatic of BPD.
If you have BPD, you may also have a history of trauma. Trauma symptoms may be addressed in later stages of your BPD treatment.
Upon admission to our BPD residential or day treatment programs, you will receive a thorough psychiatric evaluation and a comprehensive psychosocial assessment. Our psychiatrist, who is experienced with BPD treatment and other personality disorders, provides medication management as needed.
Treating the whole person is emphasized throughout our treatment center. Yoga, exercise, and recreation are incorporated into our weekly treatment schedule. Therapeutic massage and acupuncture are also available. Our unique location 1 mile from the Pacific Ocean allows you to take advantage of the Los Angeles weather by going on calming walks at the beach and other outdoor activities.
A Complete Continuum of Care for BPD
Clearview Women’s Center offers one of the most extensive and flexible continuums of care available anywhere. Our BPD treatment programs include residential treatment, intensive day treatment, and outpatient treatment. This enables us to customize a program based on your individual needs.
Our full continuum of care will enable you to practice your skills in real-life settings with help from trained DBT staff. Our treatment approach supports a gradual reintegration into family, social, educational, and vocational systems that help to create a full, balanced life. Clients are able to engage in educational and college programs, volunteer opportunities, employment, and receive vocational testing.
You may enter treatment at the appropriate level of care based on clinical need and the demands of your work and home life. We provide lengths of stay ranging from 30 days to more than six months.
Get Help for BPD Today!
If you or a loved one is struggling with BPD or other disorders and need help, please call our toll free number at 1- for questions and a free assessment. You will find an expert on BPD treatment as well as general psychiatric disorders available to help you.
Don’t let the symptoms of BPD have control of your life for another day. Call now to get the help you need.